Bonfires and Ghost Stories… Costume Parties and Masquerade… Trick or Treating and Haunted Houses… One of the best holidays of the year is less than a week away and we want to make sure you keep it a safe one!
Here are just a few tips on how to keep your Halloween traditions happy and healthy for you and your loved ones.
Halloween Safety Tips
Bonfires & Campfires
This time of year is perfect bonfire weather! A time to gather around with s’mores and hot chocolate and share ghost stories with your family and friends. To keep these activities safe and fun for the whole family; follow these simple tips:
- Never leave a fire unattended
- Make sure there is enough distance from the bonfire and tress, houses, fences, etc.
- Keep small children and pets supervised at all times
- Keep a bucket of water near at all times
- Do not start a bonfire with petrol or paraffin
- Make sure the bonfire has completely died down before discarding of ash
For more information regarding this topic, check out the National Fire Protection Associations page on Outdoor Entertainment Safety.
How many of you are hosting a Costume Party this Halloween? Regardless of if you are hosting or attending a costume party this year, there are a few tips you should know to keep your party from becoming a complete BUST!
- Secure any items that can get lost or stolen
- Make sure decorations do not block entry/exit ways & are not near an open flame
- Keep alcohol away from minors
- If you own a Home Monitoring System, make sure Halloween decorations do not obstruct its view
- Do not invite strangers into your home
- Make sure your front lights are on
- Know who is/was at your door. Modern home security systems now have doorbell cameras to let you see & record who is at your door. If this interests you we recommend learning more about Frontpoint security systems.
Trick Or Treating
- Be careful not to trip on any loose yard debris (hoses, rocks, rakes, etc)
- Walk in well lit path, sidewalks, or driveways, you can help visiting trick or treators by ensuring your home has a motion activated outdoor light.
- Never let young children trick or treat alone
- Wear bright colored costumes that are easy to see during the night
- Inspect candy before eating it
- Look both ways before crossing the street
At Alarm System Reviews, we want nothing but a safe and enjoyable Halloween for you and your family. If you notice any strange behavior, vandalism, or other mischievous acts in your neighborhood this Halloween, we strongly encourage you to contact your local police station.