Most home alarm consumers ask two straightforward and important questions before purchasing a home security system:
“What is the Best Alarm Company Out There?”
“Why Should I Choose Them Over Their Competition?”
In this humble writer’s opinion, the answers are very simple. The best alarm company is Frontpoint. You should choose them over their competitors, because they understand and take care of the needs of today’s consumer better than the rest.
Okay, now I’m sure you’re scratching your head while staring at your computer screen and you’re wondering why you clicked on this seemingly unhelpful article. Bear with me for a moment and allow me to explain why I recommend Frontpoint.
Traditional Alarm Companies
In a world driven by consumer convenience with almost everything we want available at the click of a button, anyone who’s owned a home security system before knows how inconvenient and frustrating most companies in the alarm industry can be.
As a potential security customer:
- You have to call a bunch of alarm companies (because none of them provide clear and understandable information on their websites).
- You have to schedule an appointment, lose time from work or from other important things in your life so you can let a security rep into your home.
- You have to make sure you’re not going to get ripped off by said salesperson, when he/she tries to sell you a control panel that connects to your phone or Internet connection, charges you more for the equipment and monitoring than your neighbors are paying and take more time off to schedule a home installation, once you decide to get the alarm system.
And that’s just the buying and installation process.
Once you’re home security customer:
- You need to completely understand the terms of your monitoring contract and act accordingly. For example, many contracts have an auto-renew clause at the end of the term that can automatically lock you in for several more years.
- You need to test your alarm system monthly or risk voiding your equipment warranty and if something does break, guess what – you get to schedule another appointment for the service technician.
- Every time you call for technical support, you’ll have to fight through seemingly endless call route option, sit on hold waiting for an available representative only to be transferred again and again before you finally reach someone who can help you.
All this hassle and aggravation may lead you to think getting a home security system is more work and stress than it’s worth. While that may be true for some traditional providers, there is a friendly, convenient alternative.
Transparent Sales Process
Frontpoint provides their pricing for both equipment and monitoring service on their web site. Equipment can be purchased as a package, or if needed, you can custom-build your system to ensure it suits your home and needs. And you can do it all through their web site without having to talk to a salesperson. If you do have questions, whether about how the equipment works or what you need for your home, you can speak with a highly trained Frontpoint security consultant for free to design or decide on the right equipment package and monitoring service. For additional information on their sales process read our Frontpoint Sales Process blog post.
Cellular 100% of the Time
Frontpoint only offers cellular-based alarm systems to their customers. Cellular is a safer means of communicating with the central monitoring stations because the connection can’t be disabled by simply cutting a phone or internet line prior to breaking into your home. Additional information on Frontpoint’s Cellular Monitoring.
When you purchase a Frontpoint system, you won’t have to take time off from work or lose time during the standard 4-hour install window most technicians require. Frontpoint sends your self-setup alarm system via Fedex and yes, they can overnight the package so you can setup your system as soon as the next day after your purchase.Installation is impressively easy, and doesn’t require any level of technical sophistication or even any tools. Every piece of equipment is pre-programmed to work with your control panel so all you need to do is peel and stick the sensors in place. The included setup guide is simple and easy-to-follow – even easier than an IKEA manual. Learn more about the Frontpoint installation process.
Painless Customer Service
As a Frontpoint customer, you’ll have access to Frontpoint’s world class customer care team to have any issues or concerns quickly and professionally addressed. For example, if a piece of equipment malfunctions, Frontpoint will fulfill their warranty obligation by mailing you a pre-programmed replacement immediately. Once you receive the working replacement, you return the broken component with the provided return shipping label. To read more about their #1 rated customer service you can read our Frontpoint Security reviews.
No Contract Pain Points
When the end of your initial agreement approaches, you don’t need to worry about the contract auto-renewing and locking you into another service contract. Frontpoint auto renews on a month-to-month basis and you can cancel anytime. There are also countless examples of Frontpoint doing the right thing for their customers. Check out Frontpoint’s A+ rating with the BBB. Every complaint received (and there have only been a handful) is responded to and resolved proactively by Frontpoint. Read more about the Frontpoint Security contract.
Frontpoint gives you a 30-day, risk-free trial period to try out their equipment and service. If you find something you don’t like, simply return the system using the Frontpoint-supplied shipping label for a full refund.
There are more reasons why I recommend Frontpoint above other home security companies, but the best way for you to see the Frontpoint difference is to give try them out for yourself. Their 30 day Risk Free Trial makes this easy.
You can give Frontpoint Security a try by calling (855) 903-7510 and speaking to a security consultant or visit their website, submit your information, and a Frontpoint representative will reach out to you.