Founded in 1967, Ackerman Security is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and provides service in Georgia, D.C, Maryland and Virginia. In their decades-long history, Ackerman has distinguished themselves as a pioneer in the home security industry. They were the first to offer radio monitoring, which allowed their system to make contact with the monitoring center even if phone lines were damaged or deliberately severed.
Ackerman Security was also a leader in seeking Universal Laboratories (UL) certification, providing private guard response services, emergency locators and more.
They have been recognized for their commitment to their customers, winning Kudzu’s “Best of 2012” award and achieving Trust Dale certification in addition to their high rating with the Better Business Bureau. As a local provider, Ackerman Security focuses on working closely with their customers to ensure their safety and satisfaction.
While Ackerman Security’s primary goal is to prevent break-ins (they were also leaders in providing yard signs to discourage thieves), they have evolved their equipment offerings to now include a full range of home automation services and capabilities.
What You Need to Know About Ackerman Security
Type of Security Equipment Offered by Ackerman
Ackerman Security provides a complete line of Honeywell and First Alert equipment for security, automation and medical alert services.
Services Provided by Ackerman Security
Home security, home automation, environmental, burglary, fire, and medical emergencies.
Georgia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia
Years in Business
Ackerman Security has been helping homeowners in their service areas protect their homes with home security since 1967.
Is Ackerman Security Professionally Installed or Self Installed?
Ackerman Security provides on-site consultations as well as professional installation for their security and automation systems.
Landline, Cellular or Broadband. Monitoring rates vary based on communication method.
Ackerman Security is an authorized Honeywell security dealer and custom designs their equipment packages and configurations to meet the specific needs of each customer. Since each system is different, there is no published upfront price available for Ackerman Security systems.
During consultation, security professionals will help customers determine what security features are the most important, what areas of the home are most vulnerable, and what they want (and expect) their system to do.
Every system Ackerman Security installs is monitored by their own UL Listed and CSAA Five Diamond Certified monitoring facility located in Atlanta, Georgia. Monitoring rates start at just $19.95/month. Adding remote or interactive services as well as home automation capabilities may increase the monitoring rate.
Depending on the configuration, equipment packages may include the following components:
- Touchscreen Keypad: Features bright, full color touchscreen LCD display, one-touch function keys, integrated Wi-Fi capabilities, voice announcement and more.
- Glass Break Sensor: With dual-tech and selectable sensitivity, false alarms are minimized. Solutions include ValuGap® magnetic contacts to also detect forced entry.
- Motion Detectors: Featuring pet-immunity modes to reduce false alarms and a solutions with up to 360 degrees of detection.
- Video Cameras: Wired or wireless, indoor or out, Ackerman Security has the right video camera for any situation or requirement.
- Fire and Smoke Detectors: with dual-tech to detect flash and smoldering fires and drift compensation to eliminate nuisance alarms.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors: Utilizes electro-chemical sensing technology, sensor can detect low levels of CO that may be hazardous.
Ackerman offers basic as well as upgraded and advanced technology options as well as hard-wired and wireless solutions which allows them to provide a solution exactly to customer specifications/requirements without compromise. Ackerman Security also offers equipment to support home automation including:
- Smart Door Locks: Allow homeowners to lock and unlock doors with their mobile devices.
- Smart Thermostat Control: Allows homeowners to easily control comfort and reduce energy costs.
- Remote Light Control: Remotely turn on lights or set up schedules to control lighting automatically.
- Security Alerts: Instant notifications delivered to mobile devices and computers in the event of an emergency.
Customers with existing security systems may still be interested in contacting Ackerman Security for monitoring service.
As a long-running regional home security company, Ackerman Security has a well-established reputation and presence, but homeowners may want to contact Guardian, Frontpoint and Alliance Security to determine which provider best meets their needs.